Friday, February 26, 2010

Truckers - read in 2004

TruckersTruckers by Terry Pratchett (Random House-Corgi)
This book was heralded as Terry Pratchett's first YA novel, but I'm going to label it here as MG--middle grade--because our concept of YA has changed a lot since I read it. Truckers is about tiny space aliens who live under the floorboard of a department store, sort of like a twist on The Borrowers and similar stories. I no longer have this book, it seems, but I can tell you that this wasn't the first Pratchett book I read, and that in comparison to his adult works, this one felt very vibrant and clear, and I enjoyed it a lot. I don't hear many people mention this one, so it might be a great gift for someone who enjoys Pratchett, or someone who likes humor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails