Wednesday, November 3, 2010

I Promised I'd Post: Sirens

Before I took off for this year's conference, I promised that I'd post about Sirens when I got back. I promised it right here. The guests for 2011 will be Justine Larbalestier, Nnedi Okorafor, and Laini Taylor.  They've all agreed to come and give keynotes, and the theme of the conference will be monsters--which you can read as "Let's take apart how women are portrayed as monsters, sometimes."

I hope that next year's attendees will be a great mix, just as in past years--authors, readers, publishers, teachers, librarians. People who are really interested in fantasy, and interested in a focus on women (and girls) as authors and characters. The programming, including papers, panels, workshops, discussions, and the like, comes from attendee participation, and if you've got an idea related to the theme, or women in fantasy in general, please check it out.

I haven't forgotten the promised Gallagher Girls giveaway, either; I just need to figure out when I'd be able to mail the prize promptly, and if not for having a lot of pre-scheduled posts, I'd have disappeared!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails