Tuesday, May 24, 2011

You Had Me at Hello

I always end up in the far left-hand back corner at the children's breakfasts at BEA, no matter how early I think I'm going to be there. Luckily, this year (unlike one past I remember), there is plenty of breakfast, and there are big screens--but really, one needs to listen, mostly. Well, squinting at Brian Selznick's shiny red shoes doesn't count as listening, but the good listening part is that his WONDERSTRUCK nods to FROM THE MIXED-UP FILES OF MRS. BASIL E. FRANKWEILER, a book that I recently re-read and have always loved. And now I have a copy to read!

2 comments:

  1. Fun! I'm totally jealous :) Have a blast and keep us posted.

    -Kate the Book Buff
    The Book Buff: Book Reviews for Regular People

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel like I should do a whole disclaimer post about how this is really expensive and definitely not the only way to get in touch with people and books, and I had multiple personal and professional reasons to attend! Heh. It's fun, but not the necessity that BEA would have you believe...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails